I’ve played a lot of video games in my life. And I enjoy them (most of the time). Here are the ten that I’ve found I enjoy the most. Some of these are a bit hard to rank, so don’t think it’s a perfectly ranked list (though #1 is definitely #1).
- Sly 2: Band of Thieves I love the story. How every level connects to every other one. The end ties everything together. I also like how you can play as Bentley and Murray. The levels are amazing (other than 4 and 5, but that’s just my opinion); and the missions are pretty cool too. It’s also why Bentley is going to be my future hypothetical son’s name.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask This game is beautifully made and I feel like there are no noticeable flaws. Sure, there’s a time limit, but it serves a purpose, and I’ve never had any issues with it–especially since you can repeat the cycle if you’re almost out of time. The story is awesome and I love how everyone is important.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim I haven’t played this one in awhile because I played it so much all at once that I got burned out. It’s an amazing game. I like having a house (well, three technically) and it’s nice to have an autosave feature. Plus I got Hearthfire and can adopt children and build houses. I got it for $12.50 total–my brother bought it for me for $7.50 during a Steam sale a couple years ago and another friend got me Hearthfire for $5. I must say, it was well worth it for the amount of play time I’ve had.
- Harvest Moon DS I haven’t gotten too far into this one yet, but I do enjoy it so far. It’s very addicting. It’s also not one of those games that you can beat in a week. It’s interesting and while it’s long and sometimes a bit boring, you can find things to do.
- Terraria Like it or not, this game is pretty cool. You can build things, and people will come to live with you. It’s like Minecraft only with more things to do and much less lonely. The only disadvantages are that you don’t have a ‘creative mode’ option and that you don’t have the option to turn off enemies (unless you use a mod, but as far as I know there isn’t one for the current version). But I feel it’s a lot more fun to work for it.
- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves Okay, originally I put this up at #1 with Sly 2, but I decided that I like just about everything about Sly 2 more. However, it’s this high because the gameplay and gadgets are epic. The Shadow Power ability is better and can be acquired earlier in the game, and Bentley’s gadgets…oh my gosh they’re amazing. I can’t even pick a favorite. Plus his jet pack goes much higher. The story is meh but most of the levels are great.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time While I prefer Majora’s Mask (obviously), I did enjoy this game the last time I played it. I always get so excited when I pull the Master Sword out of the pedestal.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion This one isn’t as great as Skyrim, but I started playing it after getting a little burned out on Skyrim and quickly got addicted. I played 10 hours over the course of a few days. My only complaint after 10 hours of play is that your health doesn’t automatically regenerate. Your magic does, and you can use that in a pinch, but it takes a lot of magic and you quickly run out.
- Minecraft This game is pretty good, but not nearly as fun to me as Terraria. I’m a wuss so I keep it on Peaceful most of the time (the last time I didn’t I got poisoned by a witch and lost everything I had on me), and that makes it a bit boring, but it’s still fun to play and build things and mine.
- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus This game was one of the first I ever played, and definitely the first on PS2. This game and Sly 2 were the reason I wanted a PS2 so bad–I didn’t have one and could only play this one at Grandma’s and only play Sly 2 at Grandma’s IF my cousin brought it over. Despite having played it since I was 7 or 8, I didn’t beat it til just before I turned 16. I beat it in a day, and that includes sleep time and other stuff (I believe I had church that day too).
Well, there you have it. My 10 favorite games. I really had to think about this one. What are your favorite games? Comment below.